Also, most of em taken from the 1,411 QI book of facts. Here goes. Even if you’re not amused, I’m hoping I will be. Knocked sideways.
Also, thanks to the QI elves for sending me the book, free of charge.
1. There are 1,411 tigers left in India.
2. According to Julius Caesar, the most civilised people in Britain lived in Kent.
3. The technical name for an ice-cream headache is sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia. Walk away from Ben and Jerry.
4. Wine can be ‘aged’ by passing it through an electric field for three minutes.
5. The first person to smoke in Europe was sent to prison for being possessed by the devil.
6. Fruit flies take their time over difficult decisions.
7. The Great Wall of China was funded by a state lottery.
8. The DC Comics character Snowflame got his superpowers from cocaine.
9. Martian sunsets are blue.
10. The most commonly awarded grade at Harvard is an A.
11. The Chilean word for plumber is gasfiter.
12. The US Patent Office insisted on proof that the Ouija board worked before granting the patent in 1891.
13. ‘Yahoo’ is an acronym for ‘Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle’.
14. Wine drinkers pour 12% more wine into a glass they’re holding than one that’s sitting on the table.
15. Crisps/Chips packets aren’t full of air; they’re full of nitrogen.
16. During the First World War, German and Russian troops agreed a ceasefire and joined forces to fend off attacks by wolves.
17. Vikings who died in bed rather than in battle went to a special afterlife where it was always foggy.
18. There are 60 people in Venezuela whose first name is Hitler.
19. The Romans used lemons as mothballs.
20. Apple inc. is worth more than Sweden, Poland or Nigeria.